When is the helpline open?
- Monday to Thursday 8.30am-8.00pm
- Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
- Saturday 10.00am-4.00pm
Outside the UK? We’re +44 113 210 8800
If you have an urgent medical enquiry please contact one of the following:
- England - 111.nhs.uk or phone 111
- Scotland - NHS 24 or phone 111
- Wales - NHS Direct Wales or phone 0845 46 47
- Northern Ireland – HSCNI GP out of hours
If you need someone to talk to about how you are feeling, the Samaritans are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can phone them on 116 123 (UK and ROI only).
How much does it costs to call our helpline?
It’s free to call from all UK landlines and mobiles.
Who is the helpline for?
Our helpline is here for anyone with an interest in epilepsy:
- people with epilepsy
- carers, families and friends of people with epilepsy
- healthcare and social care professionals
Whatever your connection with epilepsy, we are here to help.
9 important facts about our helpline
- We talk to thousands of people with epilepsy each year
- We are trained extensively in epilepsy, and keep our knowledge up-to-date
- Where we don’t know the answer to your question, we will signpost you to someone who does
- We listen to you, and seek to understand your issues
- We help you to think through the options and what action you might want to take
- We treat everyone who contacts us with respect
- Your enquiry will always be treated as confidential and within the Data Protection Act
- We can provide telephone advice in over 150 languages, using an interpreting service
- We are Text Relay trained
Sometimes we record calls for quality and training purposes. These will only be listened to by members of the helpline team.
"I feel much more informed and confident in dealing with my condition."
"It made a difference to me and was very helpful and supportive. I couldn't ask for more."
"Thank you very much for your compassion and help."
I can’t ring the helpline. How else can I send you my question?
You can email us at email@example.com
Have you used the helpline? If so, we really want your feedback
- Did you get the quality service you were expecting?
- Do you feel more informed?
- Has it helped you to think about taking some action that you wouldn’t have done before?
Your feedback will help us know what we are doing well and what we could improve on. It will also help us when we are seeking funding, meaning we can carry on providing the service.
Or email us direct: firstname.lastname@example.org